Pasture Management Workshop- Monroe & Montgomery Counties
Where & When:
Montgomery County 4-H Center, Maple Room
1015 Bridge Rd,
Collegeville, PA 19426
Date: September 14, 2015, 6:30 to 9:00 PM
Monroe County Conservation District
8050 Running Valley Rd
East Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Date: September 17, 2015, 6:30 to 9:00 PM
Monroe County Workshop
Contact: Donna Foulk 610-746-1970 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Northampton County Extension
14 Gracedale Ave.
Nazareth, PA 18064
Montgomery County Workshop
Contact: Jessica Moldofsky at 610-489-4506 x14 or email:email@example.com
Montgomery County Conservation District,
143 Level Road, Collegeville, PA 19426
Are your pasture grasses looking a little poor this year?
Are weeds taking over your pastures?
Do you want to improve your pastures and enhance the health of your horses and the environment?
Be sure to attend this workshop and you will learn about:
- Forage identification and biology
- Benefits and potential risks associated with grazing
- The importance of rotational grazing and sacrifice lots
- Ways to manage and improve the quality of your pastures
- How you can participate in a Penn State project to reduce parasites using a whole farm approach.
- Donna Foulk – Penn State Extension Equine Natural Resources
- Suzette Truax – Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
Partners for workshop:
- Monroe County Conservation District
- Montgomery County Conservation District
- PA Agricultural Ombudsman Program
- Penn State Extension
Is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection through the Chesapeake Bay Implementation Grant, the Chesapeake Bay Regulatory and Accountability Program (CBRAP), and the Clean Water Fund