Mission of AgConnect
AgConnect is a vibrant network of farmers, business owners, and service providers connecting farmers to business resources, training, and financing to grow business and promoting smart agricultural economic development. AgConnect, a regional private-public partnership, is an initiative of the Chester County Economic Development Council and serves Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties.
Our network connects farmers with the following agricultural economic development services:
- Technical Assistance in Producing Investment-Ready Business Plans
- Site Selection for Agriculture Enterprises
- Business Retention and Expansion Services
- Farm Succession Planning
- Economic Development Lending targeted to unique Agriculture needs
- Agricultural Workforce Development
Our goals are to:
- Promote agricultural and related food industries through economic development, marketing, policy development, and education, recognizing that agriculture represents the entire food industry chain from farmer to consumer.
- Serve as an over-arching coordinator between organizations and advocacy groups within Southeastern PA working to improve the economic viability of agriculture.
- Provide opportunities for education and the exchange of information through meetings, classes, tours, and workshops, and provide technical assistance as appropriate for farmers and agricultural business owners, as well as showcasing agriculture as a viable career option to youth and second career entrants.
- Optimize outreach efforts through media outlets, sponsor research and studies, and publish resource information regarding agriculture in Southeastern PA as it relates to economic infrastructure.
- Encourage and support the development of a regional network, working with existing organizations that share an interest in the past, present, and future viability of Southeastern PA’s agricultural community.