PSU Extension: Fall Specialty Crop Tour for Young Grower Alliance- Adams County
Join the Young Grower Alliance as we tour several of our members’ Adams County farms with special guest, Dr. Jim Schupp, Penn State Professor of Pomology.
November 17, 2015, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Adams County Farms
We will visit Lerew Brothers Orchard, McCleaf’s Orchard, Bonnie Brae Orchards and have lunch at the Penn State Fruit Research and Extension Center.
- Topics of discussion will include:
- Growing Fruits and Vegetables for Wholesale and Retail Marketing
- Crop Diversity
- Harvest Efficiency to Increase Profitability
- High Density Trellised System Transitions
- Practices for Optimizing Apple Fruit Quality
- A presentation by Jim Schupp about Pruning Medium Density Fruit Trees
- and more!
There is no fee to attend this event. However, per-registration is requested. Contact Erin Dugan to register.
(717) 334-6271 ext.331