Penn State Extension: Business Planning for Growers in 2017
A facilitated review on how to analyze planting and sales records, data collection methods, food trends in popular culture, how to create harvest and planting calendars, plus much more!
- Analyzing Planting & Sales Records
- Create a Harvest Calendar
- Select Early, Middle & Late Season Varieties
- Suggestions From Customers
- Food Trends in Popular Culture
- Converting a Harvest Calendar Into A Planting Calendar
- Crop Insurance
- Data Collection / Ways To Record Harvests
- Trends In Popular Culture / Exciting New Foods
- Balancing Best Sellers With Variety
- Attract Different Customers
- Packaging GoodsPresenters: Jack Goldenberg and Roxanne Christensen
This free program is a part of our 3rd Annual Penn State Extension Grower Series. Each program will take place on the first Tuesday of select months from 6:00 – 8:00pm, and are held at various farm sites around Philadelphia, or in our Penn State Extension, Philadelphia County office. They are designed to both educate growers about new and exciting opportunities, while providing interaction with others doing similar work. We will be offering several sessions each season, from the Spring through Winter. Talks are free to attend with registration.